Hannah Runner is a distant cousin of Homestripe. She is also Homestripe's assistant in the Runner Labs sketches of The Homestar Runner Show. She plays a musical instrument known as a "rake hornpipe" (which is basically a flute (or some other woodwind instrument) shaped like a rake), and usually plays it during swimming pool or beach scenes. Despite her last name, she was originally created for a different series, one created by h≡r himself. She is an orange cat who lacks visible arms and has hair the same color as Marzipan's. She wears a blue shirt with a purple star, red shorts, and a green headband. Like Homestar, she is a terrific athlete, and she even has the same speech impediment as Homestar!
- Domicile: the town of Kittysburg (revealed in chef deal)
- Debut: Email other mysteries (within the Homestar Runner universe), unknown debut outside of the Homestar Runner universe
- She has an identical twin sister named Heather, who has visible arms and does not have a speech impediment.
- In the Homestripe email chef deal, her hometown is revealed to be a town called Kittysburg, which is supposedly located in the state the sender is from.
- Her rake hornpipe was named after a piece of background music from SpongeBob SquarePants. The song is called "The Rake Hornpipe", which is the song Hannah generally plays with said instrument (usually in E instead of its original G). It is unknown if Hannah's twin sister Heather is capable of playing the instrument or not.
- Because she is not originally from the Homestar Runner universe, she is occasionally said to be "not in the book," which Gopher originally said in Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (part of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh).